Sunday, February 25, 2024

WHY ANCHOR WHY??

Disclaimer: This post is not to hurt anyone's feeling, there are my thoughts.

Recently I went for a birthday function. When my daughter is playing with some other kids there, one lady, she is the anchor of that function, called all kids and asked to dance. Kids forgot to play and started to dance according to the music. 

After that she made them played some games like bring a selfie with your mother, spell a tongue twister,hold-your-balloon-poke-others-balloon types of games.After that she made us to play game, dance to the tune.Of course everyone smiled& enjoyed that moment. 

But after the function and we came back home,my enjoyable moments are disappeared.


Even my daughter is not really satisfied with what they have done. She remembers only the part they played individually.

Even we friends didn't talk about it much. The girl who lost her track on 'tongue twister' game was embarrassed. The dad who didn't fast to the final point seemed uneasy. The mom who didn't want to dance gradually came back of the group after 1 song. 


Until then the gentleman gang were happy in their "politics"(office,state,country) discussion, women were happy in chit-chatting, most important children were playing in thier own world(Not disturbing their mothers ofcourse). I don't know why these 'Anchor-in-a-party-is mandatory' trend became viral, I am not judging their capability to run a program on track.

However when I brush my childhood memories, I remembered an incident. When i was in 5 th class I went for a relative wedding, whom i didn't know till then. I thought it would be boring day ever. Luckily I befreinded a girl from groom's side, played with her, talked with her, made some funny weird rules to play plastic-glass-jumping game. I still remember the fun that day.

Another incident, happend when we went to attend another Pooja in some relatives home. All the elders went into some chores, talks. I sat with my cousins and we spoke to life. 

I remember the "close-relationship talks" during all my childhood. Till today I remember the games & time spent during the festivals, functions, marriages, even mournings(Yes we played&joked around during my grandma's death)


The thing I wanted to say is, we used to talk, play, fight,whatnot everything except going to parents, watch TV/mobile. Even today when we meet I don't think we will be on our phones.



As for my next generation considered, most of them are forgetting how to play by themselves. During my childhood, we used to feel its an insult to go to an elder for idea.

Now-a-days kids are coming to their Mom or Dad to ask what they should play. Fortunately,some kids who are becoming leaders for this type of gang and they are showing a direction to play/talk.

Destructing the left creativity in children, I feel these anchors are not letting them playthe games.

I understand for a corporate event or an event with large number of people, they need an anchor, but why birthday parties, family functions?

We are friends& family right! We dont need another person to force us to talk,dance or play. We can do it by ourselves. 

Our kids dont need anyone to direct what to do especially in functions, marriages. They can& they should think of themselves. 


We already destroyed their creative ability, playing ability when they are alone at home,by giving mobile phone in hand. Why to destroy when the other kids are around?

Children need children to play, and they don't need instructions. 

For 6 or 8 hours in school they are under teacher's control, after that they wil be under our control, sometimes they need to be free.

How many of us felt uncomfortable when we go to our relatives/friends house? We need to adjust according to their lifestyle, their timings, as soon as we come home, we feel free.

We can enjoy there, still we will be under some conditions.

I feel the same when anchor does something.

If we had given time to talk with others obviously fun is on the way.


This makes me think of another way! Are we not talking to others so that some other person has to come and make us talk? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My other posts