Thursday, September 13, 2018

Only Child for parents? These are for you

As I am the only child to my parents; I know how it would be. Let me brief you some points about being the only child.
1.     Questions from outsiders:
I don’t know why they ask such stupid questions. As if all the single children are breaded in a zoo.
Aren't you bored all day?” 
Of course not!! Why should we? We are in our house/room with parents, not in jail. I wonder whether the homes with multiple kids were ever bored.
Ask your parents to give you a sibling”
This is the most stupid statement given by our neighbouring aunties gave us. For your information, siblings are not chocolates!!
That decision belongs to my parents.
“You must be enjoying your father's hereditary”
By the way, who’s hereditary that you were enjoying?
2.     No competitions all our parents love:
Yes!! I can proudly say that my parents love is not shared. You think I am selfish? Let it be.
Remember last time when you became jealous when your parents asked you to share your chocolates with your sibling.
3.     Broad mind towards cousins and friends:
We open our arms wide for all our cousins and friends. We don’t limit our brotherly/sisterly love to one or two persons. See how broadminded we are!!
4.     Becomes extrovert or introvert/more straight forward:
Being a single child, we talk extremely less or more, but not in between. And we talk straight. Less drama everywhere!!!!
5.     Cultivates proper hobby:
Don’t know whether a kid with siblings depends on a hobby or not. We depend on hobby completely and deeply.
6.     Slight remorse on Rakshabandhan:
On the day of Rakshabandhan, our social media would be filled with brother-sister pictures, and quotes about their love. Sometimes it makes us sad.
7.     We are creative!!!
We spend more time alone, our imagination will be strong. Fictional play, imaginative friends, alternate universe, we had done it!!
8.     Everything is new:
Did you experience using your brother’s or sister’s clothes, books, cycle? Hahaha... We will get brand new ones every time.
9.     No issues of privacy:
We don’t share our room with our siblings, so no issues of privacy. My life!! My rules!!
10. Parents become best friends:
As we are the only child, our parent's focus will be on us. We talk about anything and everything with them. They become our first advisors and best friends.

There may be many benefits to having siblings. But being an only child makes us more independent, self-sufficient and ever-loving child.

If you don’t want to miss any of my posts, sign me up!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My other posts