Tuesday, May 28, 2019

A DAY WITHOUT CELL PHONE


Isn't it mad enough to take a decision to live a day without a cell phone?
One fine day, I decided not to touch my mobile for 24 hours. To be precise sunrise to sunrise.
So thinking of prerequisites initially I informed my decision to my regular callers. Else they might think something has happened to me.
The second one, I need to place the phone in a place where I couldn't find it. I gave this responsibility to my husband. 
Bought an alarm clock for the big day. 
4.00am 
Beep..beep...
Tried to snooze the sound. But couldn't!!
Got up at 4.10am 
With a mobile phone, I would have woken up at 430am
All my chores are happening silently.
No relaxing calm music.
Want to capture my little ones naughty moments...  No phone! 
Need to book a cab... No phone! (Took an auto)
Wanted to write something...No phone!!! (Note pad and pen)
Wanted to share news... No Phone!! (I was waiting until my husband comes back home)
Bored... No phone! (Encouraged creative box in my mind)
Want to know what's going on with friends Instagram profile..No phone!
Pay the bill..No phone!! (Used a laptop)
Transfer money..No phone! (Cash!!)
Wanted to listen to music/audiobooks... NO way!!
Wanted to search a recipe... No phone! (Pity my husband. He ate my own recipe)
I was surprised by what my phone has replaced. 
An alarm clock, a radio, television, visiting cards,  video games,  camera, notepad,  pen and paper. Almost 70%of my life depends upon cell phone. What a pity!!
Today I realised how badly I missed the "paper and pen feel"
And also I found so much Time which I didn't get when I used the phone.  
I slept peacefully. 
I read books by enjoying the touch and smell of paper.
Calmness and boring time turned to peaceful and productive time.  
Nobody knows my updates. The best thing happened to an introvert like me. 
Finally, I came to know what to do without a cell phone !!

Also realised many life-saving apps are installed in it. I need to use a cell phone consciously.
P.S: The next day I installed an app called "YourHour" from Playstore, which helped me a lot in digital detoxification.

Sign me up for more interesting reads. Leave your comments!

Pic Credits: Google

No comments:

Post a Comment

My other posts