Monday, July 29, 2019

WHAT MY MOTHER DIDN'T SAY ABOUT MOTHERHOOD


I was angry with my mother! Not that I was seriously angry.
I and my mom is best friends from childhood. I didn't hide anything from her. But she hid some issues. I realized those after my child's birth.

1.     Letting go: Whether it's the first day of school or college or after marriage mother's need to let go of their children. Is it a piece of cake? Never!! Mothers will think endlessly when their kids are out of comfort zone. Isn't it? Everyone will say, it must happen in this circle. Yes! I know about the circle, not about emotions!! Even my mother didn't tell me how hard it would be when you have to let go of your kids. I still remember how my daughter saw at me when I dropped in her school on the first day. " Are you leaving without me, mama?" Tears rolled out of my eyes. When I expressed these feelings to my mom, she is matured enough to say life has to go on!
2.     New relations: Generally new moms will be anxious about people around their kids.  Even me. When I introduce my kid to others, I will keep an eye on them. Is she comfortable? Is anything wrong with the surroundings? When she is playing with friends, I will be watching them continuously. What kind of person are they? Is she accepting them?  Millions of questions when kids are with new friends. Why am I doing this?  There are times I hated when my mom called me when I'm with friends. Even I am doing the same now!! Mom is it natural? 
3.     Failures: When your kid is not potty trained or kid spends more screen time, it is definitely a concern of your parenting. But for mothers its is a failure. My mother did not tell me how to cope up with this guilt. It eats from inside. Right from childhood, when you encounter a failure, your friends, the family will be there to support you until you become a mother. During the motherhood,  you cannot reveal your failures and cannot go away from being guilt. 
4.     Suggestions: Is the kid watching TV? Is your kid more on digital devices? Every person with eyes and nose will be pouring their suggestions on mothers. You need to do this, that, what not? You know something, at times it is irritating!!  I accept mothers take more responsibility for their kids. It doesn't mean you have to point the finger to mom for every small mistake of kid.  wait!! Am I becoming an angry mother? 
5.     Injections: No one ever said how Mother's feel while the new baby gets their vaccination. I know they are for good!  Still, did you stop crying while the baby gets their first injection? 
There may be many incidents which shock us, make us cry during parenting. Motherhood is an endless emotional journey.  The only thing my mother said is " You will enjoy the journey. Afterwards, you will love those memories." Let see!!! 
Happy Motherhood!! 
If you don't want to miss any of my posts, sign me up!!!
If you like this post, please share and comment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My other posts