Tuesday, October 15, 2019

DIGITAL FREE SUNDAY



What is Digital Free Sunday?
The best decision our family ever took was Digital free Sunday. On Sunday the Television and the wifi switch will be off at our home. A night before that is Saturday night I switch off the extension box switch which is connected to Television and Wifi router. Every weekend we used to spend time with our daughter but with digital devices. The TV would be running on, the kid cannot take her eyes off her cartoons if at all her dad wants sports channel, he used to beg the kid, disappointment to kid and us. So to remove all this drama, I decided to switch off the TV on Sunday.
Why we took this decision?
I observed my 3-year-old daughter becoming cranky at weekends. I couldn't figure out the reason for a long time. After that, I understood that that is all because of televisions and gadgets. A weekend is the only time we stay together and watch television and cell phone. So the best idea came out is “Digital free Sunday".
What we do on Sunday
So many ideas came up when there are no digital devices around. Even we made some days. Here are some ideas for no TV Sunday:
1. Cleaning day
2.Colours day
3. Clay day
4. Board games day
5. Face paints day
6. Roleplay day
7. Music day
8. Story day
9. Gardening day
10. Laundry day

What is the result?
After 3 long years me and my husband has played board games. Surprisingly my daughter has enjoyed more than us, whenever we had thrown dice, she was like “toooo, threeee...sixxx”.
I can notice happiness on her face. She enjoyed her mom and dad being with her all the time and paying attention to her without any distraction. When I say today is Sunday, no TV for you she was like “okay”. At first I thought she would oppose my idea, but she actually enjoyed her parents being with her without digital devices.
At times this idea becomes a total failure. We want to go back to digital devices. Just to give my daughter a happy Sunday we took this decision. Remaining 6 days we will be into the digital devices. Once question pounded every time when I make her watch television. “Is this she wants or is this we want?” I want to watch her happy face while I was losing in Snakes and ladders. I want to watch her excitement when she sows seeds. This is the best decision I’ve ever taken.
Happy Parenting!!!
If you don’t want to miss any of my updates sign me up!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My other posts