Tuesday, December 10, 2019

WHAT MOTHER'S LIE ABOUT!!


The moment you have a child, your morals, your safety measures, your timings and your lifestyles will be changed. Mostly when you are a mother, you will learn how to lie beautifully to your kids during regular conversations according to your convenience. Here are some lines I use when I speak to my kid.
1. Looking at mobile phone:
When I was in a process to limit her screen time, I didn’t use the mobile phone in front of her. Because it triggers her to see the mobile, I secretly used the mobile. And used to lie her, “ I will not use mobile phone baby, because it is under repair.

2. Tasty bitter gourd curry:
“Amma, I won't eat this cabbage curry, it doesn’t taste nice”
“It will be so tasty baby, I made it with your favourite cumin seeds, complete it!!”
This will be the situation in every house, but many mothers don’t like that curries by themselves.

3. How good the school will be:
We, mothers, will describe the school, and promise we will be there till they come out. We know the truth!!
4. If she doesn’t eat her food, zombies in her stomach cry:
To make her complete the food, I used to say zombies are there in her stomach, and they will cry when they are hungry.
5. If she is not ready to go to the restroom in a new place, I said a monster in your stomach will eat you from inside:
My daughter is too picky about the restrooms. When we go to any new place, she refuses to go to the restroom. I lied to her that there will be a monster in her stomach and it will eat from inside. She still believes it.

6. The sun won’t come tomorrow if she doesn’t sleep:
When she refuses to sleep a late night, I say the sun will not be coming, if she doesn’t sleep. She loves sun, mornings, so I created this statement.

7. The toy is broken and never work for replacement of batteries:
The toy is broken and can never be repaired, even though it is a replacement of batteries. Just because I was bored with that toy!!

8. The ice-cream shop is closed and they open tomorrow :
I wonder why ice cream shops behave like emergency services, anytime you go, they will be open. I say the shop is open just to clean and that will be closed after cleaning, and there will be no sales today. They will open tomorrow.

9. Medicine tastes like chocolate:
I hate medicines myself. But I pretend that it tastes like orange, chocolate, strawberry. But it sucks!!

10. Minions will sleep at night:
My daughter is a big fan of minions’ movie. She wanted to watch it all day. But I say it is their bedtime!!
11. We miss our train if you don’t eat fast:
We pretend our sofa is a train, and I push her to eat fast to catch the train.
12.Interpretations: 
“What do that cartoon character say Amma?”
 “Listen to your mummy/daddy”, “Eat your food”, ”Drink water”
( I will be screwed if she understands)

13. TV guy will be on leave on Sunday:
We don’t switch on TV on Sunday. So I say the TV operator will be on leave/he is sick/he will be sleeping on Sunday.
14. Toys are not for sale:
Those teddies in the supermarket are attention grabbers for kids. I say they are just to see, not for sale.
15. ICONIC ONE:
I am your mother I will not lie to you!!!!!

Happy motherhood!!
For more interesting reads sign me up!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My other posts