Sunday, January 24, 2021

HOW LONG SHOULD I BEAR THIS?

Few years back I was traveling from Rajahmundry to vijayawada,I boarded some Mumbai train.I saw a lady in mid 20’s coming out of washroom. She grabbed collor of a guy and yelling. As I can't hear what she is saying, I didn't understand.  She was looking like educated girl and that guy is uneducated.
After that she came to the seat which is opposite to me. She is very furious. I asked what happened,she started telling what was happened. That guy who is coming in opposite direction to this girl, touched her body while crossing.
I was really impressed by what that girl did. She's traveling alone, and have the courage to face the problem she had. I asked her about the happening. She narrated whole incident and she asked me a question"How long should we bear this?". I didn't answer.
So many incidents like this I saw and happened to me and also my girl friends. But none reacted like this. Generally girls don't like to respond in this type of situation, may be because of surroundings or grown up environment.
It happened 12/13 years ago but I still remember her courage and expression. 
After so many years, while I was traveling alone in a bus at night time, a guy from back seat started touching me inappropriatly. 
I asked question to myself, "How long should I bear this?" Where i got that courage i don't know, I took a pin from my hand bag and stabbed (imagining it is a knife) twice. And I stood up and scolded that guy infront of everyone.
When I pointed him infront of everyone, he couldn't lift his face, and got down in the next stop. 
That night I thanked that girl in train. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My other posts