Sunday, December 27, 2020

STRUCK!!!

A skype call of three college friends after a decade of their graduation.
"Hi all", said Laxmi,"How are you doing". Laxmi is a working woman with a kid.
"All good" said Sandhya. She is a homemaker with 2 kids.
"After long time", asked lalitha, with slightly American accent. She resides in USA.
"It's been two months we spoke to each other, you and Laxmi might be in touch", said Lalitha about Sandhya.
"We may seem to be in same time zone, but her timings are different from me", said Laxmi merrily.
"Don't blame me, you will be busy until Lalli calls us", said Sandhya in a self defence mode. 
"Okok..no fightings!! What else Sandhya, I saw your drawings in your whatsapp status. Any new ones?"
Sandhya showed her new drafting to her friends. 
"And Lalli, when are you planning to come to India?",both of them asked.
"Not this year, my husband is planning a trip to Europe." Said Lalitha.
"A good news from my side too. We bought a new car a week back", Laxmi showed her new car to her friends. 
Later they spoke about cars,europe trips,kids achievements for another half an hour and hung up.

Laxmi:
Sandhya is lucky, she has time for kids and also she has time to pursue her hobbies. I am struck up with this job, except on the salary day I don't find any good about this. I am struck in this cage forever.
Laxmi lost in her thoughts about last week how she couldn't attend a family function, while her cousins enjoyed that function. Rest of the day she is thinking of Sandhya.

Lalitha:
Laxmi is lucky, her parents stay with her. I need to wait for another one and half year to process visa for my parents, next year Arvind's (husband)parents will be visting us. Now I couldn't go back to India, as my son's education cannot be changed. I am struck in this cage forever!!
She is thinking about her friends how they are fortunate to be in India, with parents and domestic helps.

Sandhya:
I shouldn't have left my career. Since morning to midnight, I take responsibility of everything in this house, but everyone thinks I am sitting ideally at home. Just to get some time for myself, forcibly I am taking off from these household chores. No recognition no salary, I am struck in this cage!!
She is thinking about how they are financially independent her friends are.

Still their lives went on...



No comments:

Post a Comment

My other posts